I was recently invited to join the Fellowship of the Royal Society for Arts (RSA). The grounds mentioned were a) my employment as a Research Fellow at Cranfield University in Operational Research and Natural Resources, and b) my potential to contribute to the field of agriculture and environmental sustainability. For more on the Fellowship see … Continue Reading ››
Daniel Sandars, DTM
- Candidacy: Nominated District 71 Public Relations Manager
- Current Office: Division H Director
- Toastmaster Since: 2011
- Education: BSc Agriculture, MSc Applied Environmental Science, MSc Operational Research
- Accreditation: Chartered Environmentalist, Associate Fellow of the Operational Research Society, Member of the Institute of Agricultural Management
- Job: Research Fellow, Cranfield University
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/D71CandidateDaniel/
[caption id="attachment_2607" align="aligncenter" … Continue Reading ››
As we approach the end of 2017 the combined age of the household has passed 133 years old. The children surge through their pre-teen years whilst the parents settle down to being fifty somethings. We started the year with children at three schools but they are now at two with Cornelius leaving Tickford Park to … Continue Reading ››
Daniel Sandars ACS ALB
My Toastmaster Experience
I joined Cranfield Speakers in September 2011 to get regular practice at presentations and to improve. I kept renewing because I also valued the non-singles scene social connection it provides as well as the regular pleasure of achieving recognized bite-sized speaking and leadership challenges. I am also a charter member … Continue Reading ››
We continue to settle into 2 Blythe Close
where we enjoy the extra space and proximity to schools. More so since Aunty Antonia
visited and reorganised half of the kitchen into the nearest dump or charity shop!
At the University Daniel
has continued to work on developing methods and researching the environmental benefits and burdens of … Continue Reading ››
Good fun last night and sit back and just listen to a meeting rather than help deliver it.
I was grunt counter and found the ah counter form very useful to structure my listening. I did notice the usual ah..umm..err, but also dragged word like "soooooooooooooo we all need to stop over thinking", which under pressure … Continue Reading ››
ADVANCED COMMUNICATION SERIES: TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS
PRESENTING A TECHNICAL PAPER
- Deliver an interesting speech based on a technical paper or article.
- Effectively use a flipchart, overhead projector or slides to illustrate your message.
- TIME : 10 to12 minutes
Note to the Evaluator
For this project, the speaker was asked to present a technical paper or article. The opening … Continue Reading ››